Confession of a Book Junkie

Reviews by a certified Honest Book Junkie


Beautiful Bastard Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I bought this book in paperback form. I looked at the reviews beforehand, I feel completely mislead. I had to force myself to finish this book. It wasn't horribly written in a grammatical sense, but there was really no story, just sex. Lots of sex. I didn't even understand how these two could "fall in love" with each other. The H falls first and drags the h along the way until the end.

The h was a complete drama queen. I don't want to put spoilers in, but even at the end she takes one word and blows it completely out of proportion. She does this a lot. The book is mostly her getting dramatic and then pages of sex. There is no building of a relationship. No talking to get to know each other. They work together, berate each other, move on to sex and then somehow fall in love. Most of the time I felt sorry for the H because the h was a dramatic shrew. The timeline also made little sense. (small spoiler) while she was with original agency for almost a year putting together a final presentation for her MBA, she leaves dramatically, ends up at a small agency to put together the same thing in less than 5 months. Ummmm ok?

I understand the premise of fraternization, it's a real thing. But this book isn't about that, isn't about people falling for each other than having a great time in bed. 3/4 through the book she's still calling him names and being a jerk. I kept reading hoping it would be better, but it never did. It's not a book I would recommend. The characters are forgettable, the story line is boring and predictable. The h is hard to like at all, the H is supposed to be strong, but ends up being a jelly fish. I forced myself to finish it.
*One star*

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Currently Devouring - Sometimes Never by Cheryl McIntyre

Currently Devouring - Sometimes Never by Cheryl McIntyre
Sometimes Never (Click Image to got to Amazon)

Recently Devoured

***Click for full book list***

Onyxhikari's bookshelf: read

Lord of Rage
Lord of the Vampires (Royal House of Shadows, #1)
Midnight Rising
Midnight Awakening
Kiss of Crimson
Kiss of Midnight
The White Knight
The Pocket Watch
Dead Girl Walking
Shattered
Abandon
Promise
Infinity
The Darkest Surrender
Fractured
Fateful
Branded
Demon Kissed
Eternal Rider
Passion


Onyxhikari's favorite books »
}

My So Called Asian Life

My So Called Asian Life
Click for my Personal Blog

Followers